Monday, April 14, 2014

Honeymoon in Niagara- Celebrating 14 Years of Togetherness!

My sweet dear husband surprised me last week.  I do love surprises, moreover, I love when someone plans a totally decadent weekend away without me lifting a 'planning' finger! And I love that my husband would do all this for me.... because he loves me! So let me take you on a tour of the sights and tasty treats we enjoyed!

We stayed at a wonderful hotel with an amazing few of the Falls, both American and Canadian Falls, 39 flights up in the 'Junior Presidential Suite'. Amazing!

Here's Brent with the fancy fireplace.

Me, standing in the bathroom with the giant Jaccuzi tub with a giant window that looks into the room and out over the falls... yeah, WILD, I know!

Comfy bed and fluffy pillows, and super model... extra bonus! LOL

Now here's the part Brent was excited about... among other things, of course! Trying out this famous Brazilian Steakhouse. I must admit, I was intrigued too! Well it was quite an event- go with an empty stomach!!!! So you arrive at your table and they explain that if you want the waiters- known as Gauchos- to give you some meat, you place your Green coaster out- green means go! And if you are still eating or thinking about it or just plain full, you flip it to the Red side of the coaster.... STOP. As in, STOP, I can't bear another morsel of food.

So you can start with the 70 item salad bar, but don't fill up- they tell you. They are right! But hey, I couldn't resist the hard boiled quail egg... so cute, right?

Okay, then the meat insanity begins! This Gaucho is carving some delicious beef. I believe it was top sirloin steak. It was so delicious, such a treat, having someone bring you whatever you wanted. Oh we did indulge, as in, 'couldn't eat a thin wafer mint' from Monty Python!

But check this out. It's grilled pineapple! It was my favourite... I tasted a piece of  pineapple heaven that night! Those Pineapple-Carving Gauchos had my number. I went a little extreme and enjoyed almost 3/4 of a pineapple.  So unique and sweet, pineapple with brown sugar and cinnamon, grilled and all caramelized to perfection. I truly felt LOVE that night. Thank you Brent for a wonderful food adventure... and I can't wait to embarque on many more adventures with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...