Monday, January 11, 2016

Hello 2016, I'm back and ready for battle with my bottles


That's right, after a long pause in my healthy living journey, I am back and ready for battle.  I have updated the look of my blog, some pictures and captions 'Healthy Living Warrior' to reflect the way I feel right now!

It is a Journey, it is a daily Battle, and you have to be a committed 'Warrior' to succeed day after day. So I have committed to myself that 2016 is the year where I return to traveling along my healthy living journey. Key to success is planning and dedication, so I started with some fantastic ideas I took from Pinterest for Meal Prep Sunday.

Here's the final result....



So quite a bit of planning went into this undertaking. I purchased 12x1 Litre Mason Jars from my local Canadian Tire and I made a list of some of ideas I had for my Salad Jars.

Jar Salad Pointers:

Start with dressing, then hard vegetables that can soak in dressing for a few days, then softer veggies, then protein, nuts, then lettuce on top.

Jar Salad Ideas:

Asian salad dressing, edemame, peppers, chicken, shredded carrots, peanuts, romaine lettuce

Greek salad dressing, little tomatoes, peppers, quinoa, olives, cucumbers, feta, chicken, romaine lettuce

Italian dressing, broccoli, carrots, peppers, diced ham, romaine lettuce, hard boiled eggs

Raspberry vinaigrette, grapes, chicken, cranberries, apples, pecans, spinach 

Balsamic dressing, apple, celery, radish, walnut, lettuce

Fig balsamic dressing, blackberries, strawberries or blueberries, celery, cucumber, feta, almonds, spinach

Italian dressing, grape tomatoes, basil, baby bocconcini, romaine lettuce



Here was step one, getting all the ingredients needed. Nutrition, protein, colour and taste.


Now that everything was chopped, I did some assembly line work and packed the jars, but little labels on them so that my family could select the jars to bring to work and school this week. They should last about 4 days in the fridge... we shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...