Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Amazing Adventure - Family Day

I hope you all had an amazing Valentine's Day/Family Day weekend!  Today I want to share with you some of the Amazing Adventures my daughter and I had on Family Day (Valentine's Day recap to come soon).



If you recall, when I started my healthy journey a few year's back,  I would go on these fun outdoor treks with my daughter. I called them Amazing Adventures.  Well, it is with great pleasure that I share with you the latest installment in this series. This time- Frozen Lake Edition.

We were meeting my sister for a Family Day Café a little later, so we thought we would take advantage of the fact that it wasn't -35 with the windchill and go for a walk by the lake before our date.


We went downtown Oakville, 'the bottom of Navy' park we call it, but it turns out it has a name- The 'Homecoming' Trail. 

We were totally frozen, but had so much fun feeling the wind on our face, the air in our lungs, the frigid cold on our legs... we were giddy with excitement!  Couldn't believe the Canada Geese, mallards and loons all bathing in the water as if it was nothing!


Just check out Melanie's broadcast debut, Australian Outback accent and all, reporting on the Frozen Canadian waters and the fowl that inhabit it without any issue!



Well enough of the cold Canadian wildlife, this bunch of Canadian girls- warm toques and all- was ready for another Canadian favourite....


That's right! Warm coffee with lots of milk and hearts on top.... aka- latte time!  

Hope you were all able to spend the weekend with the special people in your life and share amazing adventures or quiet times with the ones you love!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...