Monday, November 26, 2012

Raspberry Berret - or - Mixed Berry French Toast

Get it??? French Toast- is French and Berrets are French. And these are delighful Mixed Berry French Toast. By the way, did you know that French Toast in French is called 'Pain Dorée'. Which, translated means Golden Bread. Funny eh?

Here's how I 'Healthied' up my French Toast folks. I used fresh whole wheat bakery bread as my base.
To my liquid misture I add eggs, skim milk, vanilla and cinnamon.... always add cinnamon, it adds sweetness without any sugar or calories.

And instead of using maple syrup, I took some frozen mixed berries and melted them with a pit of maple syrup in the microwave. It adds tons of flavour and colour and antioxidents to your breakfasts. Vive les framboises!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...