Thursday, September 12, 2013

The best girl snack ever!

This summer I wanted to make a super splendid snack for my colleagues at work during a long 3 day work meeting. I thought I would make something that I call the 'Perfect Girl Snack'. It incorporates the best of all the 'taste' groups. Sweet, Salty, Crunchy and Chocolate.
P.S. this is a 'treat' recipe- one to share with 20 of your friends and colleagues... and yes they will get gobbled up in an instant! By boys and girls alike.

I present to you the best girl snack ever, the Sweet and Salty Travel Snack.
Here's the link for the recipe.  http://pithyskitchen.blogspot.ca/2011/09/sweet-n-salty-travel-snacks.html

Interesting name because I would never travel with these as they need to be served cold, right out of the fridge or else they are a melted chocolate mess.

I had my daughter and her BFF help out, and yes, there might have been some sampling.  Start with a bag of square pretzels, lay them out on your sheet pan.

Get 2 -3 packs of Hershey's kisses or hugs and a couple boxes of Smarties or plain M&M's.

Unwrap all the kisses (this is why you need cheap labour that can be paid by leftover Smarties) and place one on top of each pretzel. Bake at 350 for 3 minutes- although in my oven I should have done 2 1/2 minutes, they got 'over melted'... see the picture below.

So quickly, without burning yourself on the hot chocolate, place a hard shelled candy on top, the Smarties were a little hard to place on top of the kiss hat, but we managed.

And here is the final product, not perfect... but let me tell you, no one cared. They were soooo good, sweet, salty, crunchy and chocolaty, the perfect girl snack!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...