Monday, March 17, 2014

Awesome Support

I just wanted to share with you a picture of what SUPPORT looks like!

That's my awesome husband Brent taking care of our family last week cooking a healthy dinner for us. The great part of this photo is that last week was rather hectic. I going through a great- bit-learning curve in my new job, a 2 day business trip with long hours... oh and don't forget a giant snow storm that I had to shovel my family out of .... so when I came home on Thursday night after another long day... I came home to this gorgeous image...

My darling husband cooking lean turkey sausage and roasting peppers in a grill pan... Well, I just about cried with love and gratitude! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU MY LOVE!

Living healthy has been a challenge for me for the past few months....it's been more about changing careers, making adjustments, traveling, working long hours... don't get me wrong- this is GREAT NEW STUFF... but unfortunately, my helathy lifestyle has taken a back seat.
I am still trying to make smart choices when eating, making 'snow shovelling' my 'gym' and packing my lunch and snacks for work... but my weekends are busy and therefore, no big 'cooking for the week' was happening...

But all this is changing now. I have my sites set on getting back on my ''my healthy horse" I have a Wharton Clinic appointment next weekend, I am going to the gym with Melanie at least 3 times this week and I already have 4 out of 7 meals planned for next week. I still crave that awesome feeling of taking seeing that sexy new body, those loose pants and seeing that sexy new body fit into smaller, and smaller clothes... looking in the mirror and saying, who is that sexy beast ,... is that really me? That is what is fueling my fire...the absolute focus I had in my first year me this journey. I will find it again and kick some ass!
Life is an ever-changing wave of opportunities and challenges, and I know that I must always, always, always know that it is 'ok' to put things I need to put in the forefront... jumping into a new job, living through this brutal winter... and that when it's time to make health my number one focus, I take on the challenge gladly... I have many more milestones to reach and I will NOT give up!
Thanks for the therapy, your support means the world to me!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...