Thursday, March 27, 2014

Quick Asian Slaw

You never know when or where you are going to find inspiration??? How about Saturday morning at the gym, while on the treadmill watching the Food Network and then going down from the gym at Loblaws into the fresh produce section.  That works!

I had seen a show where the chef made some Asian Slaw... he had me at CILANTRO! I didn't see all the particulars, but I did see cut up snow peas, cilantro (my love) and cabbage. I know he made a special dressing, but I chose this delicious pre-made dressing for a quick add in.

SO in the end this is what I did....

  • 1 bag cole slaw mix
  • 1 orange pepper, chopped
  • 1/2 cup sliced snow peas
  • 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
  • 1/4 cup of Asian dressing

Toss it all together and top with toasted sesame seeds.

Delightful, bright and fresh. Might be nice with some mango, or some apple or Asian pear too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...