Thursday, March 6, 2014

Cause for Celebration- February Birthdays

This post was prematurely posted this week. So I thought I would send it out again... this time with a few captions!

Let me share with you some great photos... some funny, some capturing the true essence of a party with my sister's family... well her kids... controlled chaos, I call it! 

Here's what we do now... because we are so busy and coordinating 3 families is tough, we group our birthday celebrations a few people at a time. So in February we celebrated my mother and brother-in-laws birthday. I decided to make it on the healthy side... of course!  I made some homemade bruschetta, some veggies and dip, some almonds and trail mix and some of those yummy Pop Chips.

We celebrated Valentine's day at the same time... so that's 3 celebrations for the price of one! Here's little Stephanie and Cooper with their Mommy enjoying some Valentine's presents.... on my stairs, where else????

Party table! We have pretty decorations, pretty flowers, funny looking birthday boy and there you have it! A birthday dinner made for a King and Queen. I served some homemade Chicken Parmesan with a homemade Marinara sauce, some salads (thanks Julie for bringing them!)

So, at my Mother's request, the birthday desert was to be Apple Crisp. So I decided to make everyone an individual ramekin and as you can see by the puzzled Family... yes, that was your birthday cake!!!

Perfect caption.... 'Huh, ma tante Chantal, where are the birthday cupcakes????' And Grand-Maman Madeleine in the background saying... 'Hahaha, I just messed you guys all up with my birthday Apple Crisp idea!'  Whatever the reasons, whatever the seasons, I love you all and I love cooking, baking and pampering you all forever and ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...