Monday, March 3, 2014

Little Pate Chinois Parties

You have probably seen my recipe for Pate Chinois. Our French Canadian version of Shepherd's Pie.
But this week, I decided to share with you a great way to prepare a recipe and have tons of leftovers for the week.

You will need a small bag of mini potatoes. Perfect portion for this recipe. Just boil them up-skin on and all (good nutrients), mash them up with a bit of milk, butter, salt and pepper.

Get yourself some ramekins- 5 or 6 would do. I got mine at my favourite store... Dollarama!

Then brown some ground beef, divide the ground beef into your ramekins, top with a can of cream corn (or 2 if you like it corny), divided into your 6 ramekins. Then place the mashed potatoes on top.
Bake in a 350 oven for about 20 minutes until the tops are golden brown.

You can eat them right away... because I am not sure you will be able to resist the French Canadian suburban smells of my childhood.... or let them cool and wrap them up with some foil, place in a Ziploc bag and freeze them for your next need for a moment of nostalgia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...