Monday, June 2, 2014

A Grillin' Mothers Day Celebration!

I'm having so much fun... I'm needing to catch up on my posts. Here's a little glimpse into my wonderful Mother's Day celebration. A day filled with love, treats, excursions and BBQ goodness!

It all started with a wonderful breakfast in bed. Brent and Melanie made me homemade French toast, bacon (treat!!!!) strawberries and coffee. Gave me a wonderful card and a pretty flower! Nice Bed Head eh?

 I received a wonderful apron, some more flowers, candles and a purse (of course)!!!! Spoiled, I know!

I wanted to go for a walk downtown Oakville, and of course browse through my favourite store- Anthropologie, wait... let me take a selfie!

 Brent made us a wonderful dinner on the BBQ. Some delicious grilled corn. He found a recipe on the web and it turned out great! All you need to do is shuck the corn and soak it in water for 30 minutes. Dry the corn and brush lightly with olive oil and grill on the top rack for about 15 minutes and then bring it down to the bottom rack for a little bit at the end to get those nice char marks.

 Of course, a family favourite- CHICKEN!

... all plated nicely with a little salad too! And for desert... what do you think? A special treat- Red Velvet Cupcake! What a wonderful day it was, and what a wonderful family I have. Thank you so much for making me feel like a Queen! Love you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...