Monday, June 30, 2014

Healthy Living Transformation

So some of you are probably wondering...'Hey Chantal, how come you haven't posted any healthy lifestyle updates lately?' Well, you can lay your concerns to rest, 'cause here it is!
Since I started this reshaping of my life, if you will, I have been so eager and excited to share with you my monthly progress, however, over the past 9 months or so, it's been hard for me. I went through a lot of changes in my career and had to shift my focus away from my health to finding, getting, starting, learning and thriving in a whole new place with a whole new culture.
Funny enough, as I became comfortable in my new role, I also had the right frame of mind to drill down into what was important to me, my health, my family and refocus the energy back into healthy living.
I went back to the Wharton Clinic a month ago to face the facts. Yes, I had gained 17 lbs since my last check in January... but I went back to the clinic this past weekend and was down 2.2 lbs. So I am back on track. Having lost 70lbs to date, I have ABSOLUTELY seen the effects of what paying attention to yourself makes. Check out the photos that prove it!

I like to do this... when I need to be reminded of where I started from and the progress I have achieved, I make a collage. Where I started, large, unhappy, unhealthy... and now- blond, healthy, focus and in charge of my life.

I know what I need to do: record everything I eat in myfitnesspal.com, exercise- and I mean, 2 really good 'sweats' at least 3-4 times per week, drink, drink, drink, drink water. Make fruits and veggies at least half of the total food I eat a day, and I know it will be so rewarding. More than words can ever express. And the best part of this whole thing is that now my husband and daughter are totally into this with me. Absolute family commitment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...