Thursday, May 29, 2014

Pineapple Boat Fantasies

Your saying, "WHAT???".
Well, when you invent your own recipe, you get to name it!
When you are your very own Master Chef... at home... You also get to buy what's on sale and create magic with it! Well, this is what I did when pineapples went on sale...

I created 'Pineapple Boat Fantasies'... and took some pretty pictures... Well, it's real easy when you have such colourful and juicy models!

Here's what you do. First, carefully cut your pineapple in half lengthwise, these will become your boats. Carefully cut out the inside of the pineapple and cut up into chunks, add to a bowl of cut up fresh fruit of your choice. I chose cantaloupe, strawberries and blackberries.

Toast some coconut in the oven, get some vanilla or plain yogurt ready and assemble.

... and there you have it, gorgeous Pineapple Boat Fantasies. Ok, now this has got me thinking... what other kind of boats can I make. Well, I remember wayyyyyyyyyyy back in the '80's, we used to go to Mother's Pizzeria and I would get this fabulous fresh desert. It was a half cantaloupe in a bowl, and in the centre was some orange shertbet. Oooooooh, it was so good!!!! Might have to invent some more 'vessels' this summer for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...