Monday, July 21, 2014

Best Bruschetta ... use those fresh tomatoes!

It's summertime.... so enjoy some delicious farm fresh tomatoes.
One of the best ways I know of is making homemade tomato bruschetta. I would say this is my husband's favourite appetizer I make, so let me share my recipe.

It starts with some fresh basil, extra virgin olive oil and fresh garlic...

... and don't forget the delicious baguette cut into small little toasts.

Brush each piece of bread with some olive oil and bake them in a 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes, until they are slightly toasted, when they come out of the oven, rub a garlic clove over them.
Dice about 4 large tomatoes (deseeded), and about 2 tbsp of olive oil, 1 clove of garlic, about 6 leaves of chopped basil and salt and pepper to taste.

 Spoon the tomato mixture over the little toast, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake in the oven, just enough to warm it through and melt the cheese- 5-7 minutes.  Here's the plate I made for my family: some bruschetta, some plain toast for little Melanie and some plain bread with a side dish of Jamie Oliver's Olive Tapenade. Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...