Thursday, July 10, 2014

Jamie Oliver in a Jar

Well, I don't usually like to buy things in a jar, I prefer to make things myself, but when I was at Target recently, I found these pretty little jars, slightly over-priced... but I know I had to try them... just once. Jamie Oliver, after all, is one of my favourite celebrity chefs, and his whole thing is using fresh ingredients... So I decided to give in and give it a try.

We bought some olive tapenade and some pasta sauce.

Tomato and black olive bruschetta topping, a rich and chunky spread....

 Check out the ingredients... pretty clean (except for the sulphites?) and it's made in Italy!
 
We spread it over some toasted baguette and it was delicious! Really fresh tasting and great flavour.
 
 We also bought some tomato and basil pasta sauce with 'honest Italian flavours'.

I have never seen a more poetic food label in my life. This is awesome! This sauce is packed with 'beautiful' Italian flavours....

Melanie and I tried it over some whole grain pasta, tipped with a little fresh basil, and let me tell you, it was absolutely delicious... it really tasted so fresh, the best jarred sauce I have ever tried. So, here's my advice, if you are ever in a bind and need to make a quick meal and need some quick convenient items... do not hesitate to use these Jamie Oliver products. They really are 'beautiful'!
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...