Monday, December 23, 2013

The Wonderous Pomegranate

Christmas time is coming, so I thought I would share with you a little gift! The amazingness (it's a word?) of the POMEGRANATE.
Here I have my little Christmas elf helping me open one up. It is a bit of a task, but it's worth it!

Here's what you do. You cut the fruit into quarters, fill a bowl full of water, and split the seeds from the white 'stuff' under the water (not above, as my white shirt would tell you).

What happens is that the seeds fall to the bottom and the white stuff floats to the top, like MAGIC! Then you just skim the top with a strainer and get the gunk out. Then you are left with gorgeous and delicious pomegranates. 


They are so good for you (see my list below), and at about 110 calories for the whole fruit, an amazing snack to enjoy in front of the TV! (instead of salty chips)

Let me show you what I did with my little seeds... I made a delicious rice/quinoa salad. I gathered some seeds, chopped some cilantro...

Cooked up some rice/quinoa blend....

Mixed it together with some orange juice, olive oil, salt, pepper and a little pinenut. Is that not Christmasy looking or what????

So just in case you needed a little more convincing, here's a little excerpt from a website sitting all the details you need to know. For more details, visit http://www.med-health.net/Benefits-Of-Pomegranate.html



Benefits of Pomegranate

1. Beauty Benefits

Regenerate Cells.   
Protect from the Sun.
Slow Aging.
Produce Youthful Skin.
Help with Dry Skin.

2. Health Benefits

Eliminate Free Radicals.
Protect Cardiovascular Health.
Fight Cancer.
Improve Bone Quality.
Boost Digestive Condition.
Increase Appetite.
Cure Anemia.
Reduce Inflammation.
Promote Blood Circulation.
Help Lose Weight.

3. More Benefits for Men

Decrease Risk of Impotency.
Treat Prostate Cancer.

4. More Benefits for Women

Aid in Pregnancy.
Inhibit Breast Cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...