Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Artsy Fartsy

I have been meaning to create some more pretty art pieces to hang in my 'newish' bedroom. Since art is so expensive to buy, I decided to make my own... 'cause that's how I roll.

I took some of my brother's old canvases and painted the exact wall colour of my bedroom over them (thanks Charles!). I then got some inspiration, because of my bed linens to cover them with wild flowers. Using the colours in my bedroom, I made pretty white, purple and green circles.

... oh and I did that twice and added some plaint 'splotches' for drama!!!

Then I went to my local dollar store and bought some fake flowers and glued them on some of the circles, my favourites are the white and green 'balls'.

So here you have it, hanging above my bed two pretty, flowery masterpieces, and the hot glued balls have not yet fallen on my head!

Oh yeah, one more thing, I needed something in my bathroom for the other wall, I found these lovely art cards at Ikea and frames... so I matted them in white and voila! Fun, don't you think?

2 comments:

  1. Love the art work Chantal! You've always been so creative! Sue FFLO

    ReplyDelete
  2. simmerandglimer@gmail.comMay 9, 2013 at 1:02 PM

    Thanks Sue FFLO, I can be commissioned to create any art pieces.. i can even match it to your decor!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...