Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Healthy Lifestyle Update

Well, whatever I did... it worked!

I went for my visit #16 at the Wharton Medical Clinic and guess what??? I lost another 3 lbs, for a total of 97.2 lbs. Woohoo! That is so close to that huge milestone 100 that I can taste it! Getting really excited about crossing that threshold and celebrating with a pedicure and a latte (thanks Julie!!!!).

Now, seriously, this is what I did. I changed up my routine a bit. I started walking a couple times a week first thing in the morning on an empty stomach for a 30 minute power walk. Thought behind that is that this will wake up your metabolism and it will get your body using your stored fat cells as energy. An another thing I started was making some whey protein smoothies. I add the powder to milk and frozen fruit and put it in the magic bullet and voila... now being used to regular smoothies with yogurt/milk and berries, there is a bit of a taste... but it's still good and fills me up!

Ok, one last thing... I have started resistance training, working with bands to build my muscles, probably do this a couple times a week too. And in fact that is one of the first questions my doctor asked after seeing my big weight loss number... are you doing resistance training? yes, I am!!!


.... and folks after 20 months of Healthy Living... this is what it looks like! Same park, some person, but completely different person inside and out. Wearing clothes 4 sizes smaller, doing laps around the park to get her 10,000 steps, sweating and breathing hard... and loving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...