Friday, October 25, 2013

Cucumber Melon Salad

Now here's the other delicious salad recipe I wanted to share with you. It's a combination of many recipes I have seen and put together with my favourite little fresh herb... CILANTRO!

I often feel sorry for the poor honeydew melon. No one really eats this green melon on a fruit plate, he's always the one left behind. Well, let me present to you a recipe which will showcase this green melon. The star of the show... it's so fresh and delicious, you are going to want to make this for your next new salad creation for sure.

Here are the bulk of the salad, honeydew melon, cucumber and shredded carrot slaw.

I chopped a whole honeydew melon and English cucumber into bite size pieces and placed them in a bowl with the carrot slaw.

For the dressing, I used some Asian flavours. In a separate bowl, I whisked together the juice of 2 limes, 2 Tbsp of canola oil, 1 Tbsp of sweet chili sauce, 1 tsp sugar, 1/2 tsp salt and and a big handful of chopped cilantro.

Pour the dressing over you cucumber, melon, carrot mixture and cool in the fridge for 30 minutes (or longer). It tastes so sweet, melony, tangy and fresh. I absolutely loved this salad, hope you do too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...