Monday, October 14, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving- Amazing Adventure Apple Picking

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian and ex-pat friends, family and followers!
On this special day of giving THANKS, I wanted to spread some love and say that I am grateful for each and everyone one of you and mention that without all your love and support I would not have come so far on my healthy living journey! Merci, Gracias, Thanks!

On this Fall Festival of the Harvest, I wanted to share some of our own harvesting we recently dig. One of our favourite Fall activities... the Amazing Adventure that is 'Apple Picking' at our  favourite Milton Farm- Williams Orchards.

This time was an adventure of a different kind because it was Stephanie's first time apple picking. Well, first off, she LOVED the cart.

...she loved trying to eat a whole apple for the first time.

...so did Melanie, but it wasn't her first time !


...so did  my Mom! It got pretty warm and we started peeling off our layers onto the wagon.

Mother- daughter picking moment.

... and I love this 'oooooh' face of hers... so cute!

...maybe she'll try another again?

I love my sister!

...my sister loves apples!

So much fun placing the apples gently into the baskets, right Stephanie? LOL, she was pitching them in... so we had to intercept, and for those bruised ones that got by... well I just cut them up right away. I'll show you below.

Stephanie the Farmer sitting on her big tractor. It was a wonderful day and we were blessed with gorgeous weather.

Then I got home and knew I had to do something with this half bushel of apples. I read somewhere that if you cut up the apple in and place them in a large bowl with water and about 1 tablespoon of vinegar and they won't go brown. It worked! I placed these apples on a cookies sheet all separated, and then once they were frozen, I placed them in large freezer bags. So now I have bags full of frozen, sliced apples ready to go any time I have the urge to bake some crisps!

... and of course, I had to make my delicious apple crisp too... you know, quality control. Had to make sure they were good enough to be called McIntosh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...