Wednesday, October 2, 2013

What to do with your Farmers Market Loot- Sweet and Savory Ideas

So what do you do with all this bountiful Farmers Market food? Well let me tell you, it was so much fun thinking of ways to be creative!

With such great products like this Moose River Preserves.... I knew it had to be something special. Well, these are the 2 flavours I bought. Blueberry Mango for us and Tipsy Strawberry for our friends the Senecals of Sturgeon Falls.

Check out the natural ingredients... not additives, no preservatives.

... and with the strawberry jam, just a little orange flavoured liquor- Grand Marnier- just adds a depth to the taste.

So check out my experimental breakfast of blueberries. OOOOOOOOOHHHHH so delicious! Homemade blueberry pancakes with fresh farmers market blueberries with a drizzle of Moose River Preserves' Blueberry Mango Jam. I am so grateful for my sweet tooth!!!!!

Ok, now for the savory part of my 'share out'. Look at those gorgeous potatoes, the inside is like a work of art!

Next, the colourful and delightful Pattipan Zucchinis and a few colourful peppers. Cut up and ready to grill.

Add a bit of oil and seasoning and grill them up.... yum to get just a little charred and deliciously smoky.

These gorgeous spuds were oven roasted with some olive oil and sea salt and pepper and they turned out awesome -crispy on the outside and tender, melt in your mouth, on the inside.

So you know what I see here... a testament that you do eat with your eyes... I love colour and after a trip to the Milton Farmers Market, I feel totally inspired to create with those gorgeous finds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...