Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Asian Peanut Chicken

So I love peanuts and I love peanut butter. So when I can pear it up with my other favourite ingredients... MANGO, COCONUT MILK and CILANTRO...you know it's gonna be a fantastic meal!

... and when this fantastic stirfry contains colourful sweet peppers, you know my family it going to devour it.

So what you need to do first is to prepare your ingredients for the sauce.

Sauce:
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup peanuts
3 tbsp lime juice
1/2 cup sliced mango
1/2 cup light coconut milk
2 tbsp canola oil
2 tbsp light soya sauce
garlic (pressed) and chili peppers to taste

Cut 3 chicken breast in chunks and place in your wok with the canola oil.  Place all the sauce ingredients in a bowl and whisk together. Chops your peppers and whatever other veggies you might like and toss them in the wok. Add your sauce mixture and let the flavours meld together (making sure your chicken is cooked through, about 10-12 minutes).

Top of with my favourite- CILANTRO!

Et voila! Delicious over a bed of basmati rice. Crowd pleaser for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...