Thursday, July 11, 2013

Birthday surprise... you've come a long way baby!

Well a few weeks ago I celebrated a little birthday... Brent was at home in the basement, recovering from his foot surgery so I knew it would be a 'stay at home' celebration when I got home from work (which I was looking forward too!)... but my sneaky friends dropped off a birthday bag filled with wonderful surprises that I have only dreamed of!

When Melanie got home from school before I did, she found this lovely gift bag on our front door step and as soon as I got home, she said 'You have a surprise Mom', well this is what I had to extreme pleasure of opening up.
 MY DREAM IN A BAG... I have always dreamed of going to Paris, so my friends  gave me the loveliest books and guides and agenda and a big Eiffel Tower - all screaming PARIS... In preparation for my eventual trip, they know I will make it there someday... and I was so overwhelmed by their thoughtfulness, kindness absolute surprise that I cried like a little baby, reborn again today, on my birthday!

...but then I read the sweet card that accompanied the presents and I was struck by an even more deeply moving and touching message. It means the world to me to see the way in which my 'transformation' has touched them so that they felt compelled to drive all the way to my home and 'honour' me with these wonderous enchantment of gifts. Jenny, Szossy and Georgia B.  you guys are more awesome than words can say... and when I write my book.... watch for your names in the front, you know where the acknowledgements go!

You know, it has been quite a ride and emotional trip shedding all this weight, changing the way I eat, breath, exercise... and trying to bring my family along. Just recently I visited my endocrinologist and after looking at my blood work she took me off more diabetes and blood pressure medicine. I am practically 'medicine' free. I am thrilled to be taking a half dosage of blood pressure medicine and only 1 dose of a diabetes medicine who she said I could 'ween' myself off of as I see how my blood sugars are! AMAZING!

It's hard with Brent being unable to walk/work for most of this year so far, and recently having returned home after a 3 week stay at the hospital. Mine and Melanie's healthy eating and exercising was put to the side as we wanted to visit him everyday. But what this has showed me is that there can be some set backs in your weight loss efforts, but if you continue with general guidelines of eating/exercising (wheeling Brent around the hospital for 1 hour is exercise!) then good things do happen... less medicines, and a renewed strength to get back on track.

... and another side-effect from this change in our home...Melanie has 'showed up' like I couldn't imagine. Taking on more responsibility, helping out when she can. For my birthday, she walked to our neighbourhood bakery and picked up my favourite cupcake treat, touched my heart! Thanks Brent and Melanie for making me feel so loved. P.S. love the Spa gift certificate!

1 comment:

  1. what a beautiful blog entry! thank you! and it really is so easy to love you....xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...