Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The Best Homemade Bruschetta

I made this old recipe (which I hadn't done for about 10 years) and let me tell you....I think my husband fell in love with me all over again.

TA DA! The best homemade bruschetta in the world (according to Brent).

This is basically all you'll need: Tomatoes, fresh basil, garlic and baguette.

Here's the assembly.... just pre-toast the baguette, mix all the ingredients and place on the bread.

Sprinkle with parmesan and place in the oven on broil for a few minutes.


Here's the recipe for you... old fashioned and hand-written. Place the first 4 ingredients in a bowl. Cut 3/4 of a baguette on a diagonal and place in the oven to toast slightly. Rub with a glove of garlic when they come out. Brush the top of the bread with olive oil, then place the tomato mixture on top, sprinkle with the parmesan cheese and broil for a few minutes until the cheese becomes brown and melted.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...