Friday, July 19, 2013

How to sneak in fish...


Make an awesome stirfry that'll knock their socks off ... the fussy family members' socks off that is!
 Brent and Melanie don't like fish, but I wanted to have them try it .... again... see if I could change their minds.

So I made a great noodle and veggie stirfry to go with it to show them that it can be fun! All I did was take a bag of broccoli slaw, sliced some sweet peppers and stir-fried in sesame oil, hoisin sauce, garlic and hot red curry paste, once done, just tossed it with some chopped peanuts and cilantro.

After checking out Jamie Oliver's 15 minute meals, I was inspired by his amazing meals... so I bought these quick cooking egg noodles and tossed the saucy veggies with it.

Ok, now, on to the fish. I bought them some sole and breaded them with a mixture of flour, egg and panko breadcrumbs with some salt and pepper so they would come out crispy...


...here you have a piece before it went into an oven. I had high hopes, it looks like chicken, Brent enjoyed it, but Melanie took a bite and went 'yuk, fishy'... oh well, you can't win all the battles.

But here's my beauty fish moment. I made some salmon with just a little teriyaki marinade and the lovely noodles!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...