Friday, November 22, 2013

Cinderella and Dr. Oz and his amazing advice

When I started on this healthy living journey, I read the Dr. Oz book- You on a diet- there, I found amazing advice on health and nutrition. Ideas that would later shift the way I would eat, live and breath... and still do to this day. I would say to friends and family, that I would make such an epic change in my life, loosing over 200 lbs and completely changing the way I would live my life that, one day, Dr. Oz would invite me on his show to share my success story so that his millions of viewers could see how following his amazing advice could change their world, as it has mine, kinda like a modern day Cinderella story. Well, a few weeks ago, I got an email from the Wharton Medical Clinic with details of one of their patients who would actually appear on the Dr. Oz show and share her own story, a story so similar to mine. I felt like I was thrown a major fast forward into my future. I decided to share her story here below.  The best thing is that when I watched the show, I got so much amazing new advice- I actually watched the show 3 times and made notes to share with you. Advice that may just change your life, as it has mine... just see below for details.

The Wharton Medical Clinic 
Patient
Kerry Rommens
was on 
The DR. OZ SHOW 
for her amazing weight
loss journey!
Show airs tomorrow
November 7th.
 
 

 
My Journey at 
The Wharton Medical Clinic
and My Appearance on
The DR. OZ SHOW!
 
 
My name is Kerry Rommens and I have an adventure to share with you.  
 
At 48 years old, I decided that I would not be "fat and fifty".  I had been fat my whole adult life.  185 lbs, when I married, and up from there with each of my two children
 
After a few months of silly dieting and deprivation, I had lost only 10 lbs. On the verge of giving up, I heard about the Wharton Medical Clinic.
 
During the assessment appointments, Dr. Wharton stated that I was a "disorganized eater".  Wow, that resounded with me! I really was!  I ate all of my calories, everyday, between 1 pm and 7 pm.
 
I followed the program religiously.  Eating real food, planning meals and putting thought into every bite for a change. 
 
I travel in from Kitchener and always made appointment day "my day".  Once a month, I got out of my work boots (I manage a horse farm), dressed up, made up and hair done.  Appointments became a reward for working on my self improvement the previous month.
 
The weight came off!  In 18 months I had lost an additional 75 lbs!   I kept that off for 18 months.  Another little nugget of wisdom Dr. Wharton imparted was that "fat has a memory".  Once you have that fat cell, it waits to be filled again.  That scared me straight.  Maintenance is a serious business.  I found that if I followed the plan 5 days a week, it gave me a little wiggle room on the two remaining days.
 
I wanted to share my success with everyone and even sent praises of the Wharton Clinic to the Dr. Oz Show!
 
My 50th Birthday was a joyous occasion.  I felt amazing and wore a lovely form fitting cocktail dress.  The first ever!
 
This year, I decided to aim for the healthy BMI.  Another 15 lbs.  I started following my original plan and off it came.
 
I did it!  Last week was my appointment and I weighed in at 150 lbs.  A grand total of 100 lbs lost.  I think I surprised myself, really!
 
And then came the surprise!  Right out of the blue, The Dr. Oz Show called. They were looking for women who lost weight after 40. After a whirlwind of before and after pics and lot's of emails, they asked me to go to New York for the show.
 
New York was all I imagined it to be.  Noisy, bustling and exciting.  I made sure to see all the sites as I had never been before.
 
Arriving at the studio, I met 9 other women who had lost weight and our common histories instantly bonded us.  Not to mention being nervous.  Hair and make up, wow!  I had two brief moments on stage and one sentence but the whole experience was wonderful.  Dr. Oz was warm and genuine.  We all had to wear sports bras and yoga pants.  I never would have imagined, 3 years ago, I would have worn such a thing on national tv!
 
Who would have believed this would happen to me!
 
A bit like Cinderella, I am back in my work boots now and feeling pretty proud of myself.
 
Thanks to Dr. Wharton and all of the wonderful staff of the clinic for guiding me through this transformation. I still come to my appointments every 8 weeks.
It keeps me honest and on program and I can still enjoy my "me days".
 
THE SHOW WILL AIR ON 
THURSDAY NOVEMBER 7th
(check your local station for details)

  
This email was sent to chantalhalliday@yahoo.ca by info@whartonmedicalclinic.com |  
Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribe| Privacy Policy.
The Wharton Medical Clinic | 2951 Walkers Line | 1st Floor | Burlington | Ontario | L7M 4Y1 | Canada



Here's Dr. Oz's advice for Blasting Belly Fat after 40


These are actually my 'paraphrased' notes, The show actually aired on November 7, 2013 and you can watch it on his website doctoroz.com.


TO LOSE BELLY FAT:

-Eat 1 once of cheese at every meal. The reason is the calcium. Swiss cheese has the highest amount of calcium. The reason this works is because the calcium in the cheese blocks the fat from being stored.


-Do not eat 'low fat' foods. They add sugar to those foods and the sugar in those foods turns on the fat cells. What you need to do is eat good fats, if you eat monounsaturated fats instead - the right kind of fat- the fat will disappear. You are fighting fat with fat. So things like olive oil, safflower oil. He suggest eating  1/2 avocado or a 1/2 cup of olives.


-Drink 2 cups of green tea a day. He says that doing situps alone will not get rid of belly fat, you cannot spot reduce belly fat. You actually build a six back, but under the layers of fat on your tummy. So drinking 2 cups of green tea - which contains catechins- a fat fighting component of green tea- actually changes your metabolism to burn fat. Here's a link to the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/81/1/122.full which backs up Dr. Oz opinion.... WOW, I am buying green tea like crazy now- but only the fruit flavoured ones- the plain ones taste like grass to me.


TO FIRE UP YOUR METABOLISM TO BURN FAT:


- Eat Sriracha hot sauce. It contains 15 fat fighting proteins.


-Take L-Arginine supplements. It naturally stimulates growth hormone and builds muscle. You should take 2000 mg per day with meals.


-Take Acacia powder. It makes you feel like you are full and makes you eat less. Add 1 tbsp to water or juice in the morning.


-Take morning breaths. Before you get out of bed in the morning. Inhale and exhale sharply through your nose ( 10-15 seconds to start and then work up to a minute)


WHEN YOU HIT A PLATEAU, EAT THIS WAY FOR A WEEK:


- Eat only these fruits and vegetable for your snacks 3 times a day. These are examples of high water content foods. Melons, celery, cucumber, zucchini, grapefruit, strawberries. These fruits and veg are filled with water and therefore contain less sugar.


- Replace carbs with sweet potato. No whole grains, eat a whole sweet potato for lunch and dinner.


-Too many of us take little bites and tastes. What he calls BLT's, bites, licks and tastes. That could amount to 200 calories a  day. So no BLT's for the week.























No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...