Friday, November 29, 2013

No-Fry Fries


I had heard about Gwyneth's fries and I saw this post through the SELF website. So I thought I would try them out. No-Fry Fries!

They were delicious! But I am afraid I used white potatoes so they didn't come out as crispy. I love the crispy ones, it's probably also a result of the fact that I can't cut all the fries small and evenly so they all cook properly. Nevertheless, the family LOVES them!

No-Fry Fries 
adapted from (http://www.self.com/fooddiet/recipes/2011/05/no-fry-fries)
Recipe courtesy of My Father’s Daughter: Delicious, Easy Recipes Celebrating Family & Togetherness by Gwyneth Paltrow

INGREDIENTS
2 large russet potatoes (2/3 lb each), peeled
2 tablespoons olive oil
3/4 teaspoon coarse sea salt 
PREPARATION
Heat oven to 450°. Cut potatoes in half horizontally; cut each half into 1/3-inch-thick fries and place in a bowl of cold water.

 Remove from water and dry thoroughly. Toss with oil and sprinkle with salt. 


Place fries on a cookie sheet. Roast until browned and cooked through, turning occasionally, 25 minutes.


Nutrition Info (serves 4) 175 calories per serving, 7 g fat (1 g saturated), 27 g carbs, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...