Friday, November 1, 2013

Recycling... out with the old

Here's something great to share. Having to donate about 20 bags of used clothing, now that's some recycling! I have been feeling like my 'weight loss' efforts are at somewhat of a stand still at the moment, trying my best to make healthy choices... but the challenges of real life sometimes beat you down. But here's an exercise that can help you refocus for sure. After a 90lb or so weight loss, go through your closets and get rid of all the clothes that are too big....

... which is exactly what I did!
This fall, I decided to finally clean up those piles of clothes that were cluttering my closet for the past year and a half. Wow, what a weird and wonderful, cleansing experiment!
I got rid of about 10 bags of clothes that were too big (Melanie and Brent got rid of about 8 bags), so off we went to the Value Village drop off!

Here's my take away from the whole experiment... I so understand 'hoarders' now!
It felt like by giving away all my big clothes, I was giving away a part of myself. I was giving away the past 15 years of my life. But it was a good 'hard',  it showed me the progress I have made. Although I wanted to hang on to these old rags, it made me realize that I can never go back, only move forward!
Ok, I did keep a very large pair of pants. You see, once I have reached my goal, I will stand in my old large pants, I means seriously, one 'new' me will stand in one 'old' pant leg... how's that for progress?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...