Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Thanksgiving- Giving thanks for Family and Fall

Finally, I have caught up with posting some photos of weeks past... It's OK to talk about Thanksgiving - the Americans still haven't had there's!
Let me share with you some moments of love, celebration, thankfulness and turkey!

A few weeks ago, we celebrated this special day at my parents' home. Their home was filled with turkey smells, spice and love. One lovely addition was this gorgeous and festive flower arrangement that adorned the center of our table. I just love the feeling fresh cut flowers give the room.

We had Grand-maman and grand-daughter love...(and some sleepy blank stares)

and sisterly love. What you see here is Julie and I sitting on the floor and me giving her a special sisterly back massage... we absolutely know exactly where to massage, how much pressure etc... this is a bit of heaven for us as we have realized over the years that our husbands may have a lot of great qualities, but massaging is NOT one of them. My sister-in-law Rebecca must be so happy! Just look at one of Julie's husband's many talents... photo bombing with his arm!

Here is the golden and juicy star of the show. I love turkey, and the best part is that after the meal, my dad and I roll up our sleeves and pretend we are surgeons and crack the bones and remove all the delicious left over meat. It's our 'thing'!

 
Here's my lovely protein rich plate with tons of turkey, green beans with cashews and red peppers, a little potato and a taste of stuffing. I am so thankful for the amazing family I have and the love and turkey we get to share!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...