Monday, November 18, 2013

Healthy Lifestyle Share-out

Well, I am so grateful for the angels in my life! I have my beautiful daughter, with whom I have been going to the gym 6 days a week with- with whom we have lost 6 lbs for me and 9 lbs for her. We have gained muscles and filled with achy body parts we didn't know existed- a good ache! I have my wonderful husband who is our house manager- I write the healthy food lists, he finds the sales, shops and puts it all away, he supports us like no other love could. I have my wonderful coach, Szos, supports my heart, builds my courage and makes me see it all so clearly as the dance of life becomes more and more intertwined. I have the support of the Wharton clinic and the experts who follow my progress, give me advice and share wonderful tips for healthy living and weight loss.  Today, I went to the clinic and had a 3.6 lbs weight loss- for a total of 86.9 lbs. There is so much support around me, personally, professionally and even in the media. I have heard them all speak and there advice just resonates with where I am now (Health experts like Dr. Oz and Jim Karas. I need to know what to eat, when to eat and how to exercise- I need to know the way the body reacts to these foods, when to eat protein, when to eat carbs, how much .... the Universe is so clever. I was driving to work this week and wondering how much we really should be working out and what to eat for breakfast... and I flipped right into an interview with lifestyle and exercise expert -Jim Karas- who basically was reading my mind and answered my questions WOW right?
Before I share with you what I heard, I thought I would share with you some photos. You know... to kinda show me and the Universe... yah, you've come a long way baby! Oh, yah, and move aside... I am a tiger and you're gonna hear me ROAR because I am going to triumph all over this healthy living amazingness!!!

Just starting... full of hope and smiles!

Few months ago... full of hope and smiles.... and 85 lbs less to carry around!

Ok, now back to some juicy bit of knowledge:

Here's what Jim Karas (www.jimkaras.com) was saying on CHUM FM a few days ago...

This is how you lose body fat.... it all has to do with your workout intensity.

It's not how often you go, it’s your Workout intensity. He works out 3 hours a week, splitting the time up, maybe 45 minutes 4 times a week or 30 minutes 6 times a week.
He says there are 2 extremes out there. Those who think  walking will help them love weight. He says he has never seen anyone walking themselves thin. Walking is active resting. It's good to walk, but it won't help you love weight. The other extreme out those that go crazy with triathlons and bootcamps,our bodies weren't designed to work so harshly

In general, he says, cardio, doesn’t help you to lose fat. It’s resistance and weight training that does. To lose fat do weight training, huf and puf rest , do next machine/weights,- he says spurts and bursts, rest and repeat. Change it up, trick your body and metabolism by changing up your routine so your body doesn’t get used to it.
A question was asked, if you exercise first thing in the morning, should you do it on an empty stomach. He believes no. Exercising on an empty stomach will not only burn fat, but muscle too. Eat about 100-150 calories of protein rich food- yogurt is great, and egg or a some good bread and peanut butter.Then have a full breakfast- eggs, turkey bacon etc, after your workout. The bigger the breakfast the better- fill it with protein.Eggs are great they fill you up and leave you satisfied all day

Here's a last little tidbit of information, he mentions that your diet should be filled every day with about half your food coming from fruits and vegetables.

1 comment:

  1. Awww, thanks for the nice words! I am so proud of you and you are so great to finally get Mella involved. Way to go! Love you lots!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...