Sunday, February 10, 2013

Amazing Adventure- Riverwood Conservation Area

Wow, as I sit here writing this we are experiencing the biggest snow storm we have had in 5 years. Just goes to show you how amazingly crazy this world is- Melanie and I went on our Amazing Adventure only a few weeks ago and it got as hot as 15 degrees in January... I told you, crazy eh!

We ventured into our local neighbourhood trails and saw some beautiful landscapes at the Riverwood Conservation Area.

We started out on the Green Trail and look, a butterfly, my symbol of love, I know I was destined to be there.

Check out the weather on my phone, no joke, it was 13 and got even hotter. And yes, that might be Channing Tatum on my wallpaper- my friends hijacked my phone and played a joke on me... but, jokes on them... I kinda didn't mind!

Hiking on the the butterfly trail.

... with my darling daughter.

Our hiking power footwear.

Bright, shinny, smiling faces enjoying this hot weather in January.

Watching the little 'ruisseau' (stream) flowing from this winter thaw.

Such beauty surrounds us!

Trails and planning our big hike, we just love maps!

I had to take the coat off, it got way too hot going up those hills.

... and so did Melanie...

Ok, this hill was seriously steep, like 45 degrees, but you can't tell from this photo. We had to stop 3 times, but I tell you, but the end of summer, we are going to be jogging all the way up it!
 
We walked on the yellow trail...

... a bit on the red trail...

... and then back up the big hill.  Melanie was so proud to show me this park. She had gone many times with her Guides and was a pro at showing me the 'ropes'. Next time we are doing the big red trail!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...