Monday, February 4, 2013

Hair Makeover and Celebrating it!

Hello fans of makeovers!

Here I am sharing with you my own before and after hair makeover photos.  It's really scary how you make yourself look so unattractive in the before photo (see below left- like I have to tell you) and the after, you make sure the lighting is right and the lipstick is bright... see below right.


After years of wearing my hair straight and dark and putting it up in a clip 3/4 of the time I decided to change things up. I have to say I have been inspired by the cuteness of short hair all my life, some of you know, I used to have a pixie cut. My friend Robin always has the coolest short hair style and colour and I have always admired it... so I had a Coco Mado going out of business sale and took the proceeds to a fancy salon and got a major hair makeover!

This shedding of layers of fat and hiding behind big baggy clothes is over! I am now almost 90lbs thinner, buying smaller pants and wearing flattering fitted tops and it only makes sense that I would wear a new hairstyle that screams, LOOK AT ME! I AM BRIGHT AND FLIRTY, hence the little wings at the back. Oh, and the new me wasn't gonna just stay home and admire myself in the mirror all night, oh nooooo, I was going to celebrate and show it off by going out with my favourite little French Girl and enjoy a delicious dinner at a fancy Thai Restaurant. So we changed and she spruced up our makeup- that's right my little French Girl is all into makeup and eyeshadow- she calls herself a beauty guru! (that's a whole other story)- and headed out on the town. 

We went to Ben Thanh and had our favourites.... Cold Rolls- they were giant!

Mango Salad with Chicken and Cashews.

And our favourtite- Chicken Pad Thai... lots of leftovers of course.

Melanie and her chopsticks, learning to become friends!



2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness....Chantally....Your new hairstyle looks so wonderful on your beautiful face. Smart, sexy and sassy. Love it, love it, love it!
    You are such an incredible inspiration for change. Hugs and kisses from America.
    Miss You,
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sam for the sweet compliment! I am having fun up here being sassy! Miss you lots, Chantal

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...