Saturday, January 19, 2013

A Review of Christmas Eve and the Tourtiere

I know they are a little late coming... but I am a busy girl and have so much to share! Here they are at last.... the Christmas pictures you have all been waiting for!

We always celebrate Christmas Eve at my parents home. To us, it's as special as Christmas Day.  Our parents spoil us with food and love and presents. And this year... a beautiful Christmas angel joined us...

Stephanie... my little niece. She's too young to really be into it yet... but look at her warming up to the idea in her Grand-maman's arms.

Nice first Christmas family photo... so many smiles (Stephanie is smiling inside).

See.... I wasn't kidding about the presents our parents spoil us with... The tree was exploding with presents and the 2 precious grandchildren were loving it!

The Hallidays official Christmas 2012 photo. Brent left his shinny shirt at home!

 Here's a family photo tat my Dad's tripod took. It's a little dark, but captures the Christmas smiles!


Mother-daughter cute smile... never ask my mom to smile... she tries so hard, the opposite happens. I love her!

Another Mother-Daughter time- shinny and full of eyeshadow this Christmas time!

Mella got Zumba underwear.

My beautiful sister gave me a Britto Joy frame. Which I just love! I have to take the most joyous picture and put it in there... I am sure it will involve our daughters!

Mella's dad became Justin Bieber.

Julie also gave me this awesome nail polish collection. I can't wait to use them all and share them on the Nice Nails segments of this blog.

I asked my mom to regift an old puzzle she had so that I could have fun during the Holidays. It turns out she was trying to torture me.... it's the hardest puzzle ever and I am only halfway done. I promise to take a big photo when I have mastered the button world... I know my brother is itchy just reading this note.

My mom knows how much I want to go to Paris. So she said ' I know you've always wanted to go to Paris, so here's a calendar for you'. She's so funny, eh!

Melanie enjoyed some Penguin wear - my mom's favourite animal!

... and so did Brent...
 

Stephanie was trying to get into the 'ripping the paper off the present'... she was still in the 'learning' stage.

This is such a precious mother-daughter photo. There sure are lots of mother-daughter love photos on this blog today eh!

Stephanie got her big present from the grandparents... she was so proud to walk around with it!

Okay, but seriously, my parents knocked my socks off when I unwrapped this beautiful Britto box. What's inside you ask?

... a gorgeous teapot. So amazing and colourful and decadent. My mother said- with both of us having tears in our throats- that she knows how much I wanted this teapot and even though she thinks I don't need it, she thought I deserved it for working so hard on my weight loss effort.... my heart sang with butterflies. By the way that's my symbol of love, and what is the teapot covered in butterflies with a butterfly on top.

So here is the tourtiere that my mother make every year. It's a tradition that we cannot live without. We stopped doing the over the top chocolate fondue, but this we just can't stop. She makes it so delicious... no recipe sorry, family secret!

My mom also serves this every year- the pickle tray with olives- yum- pickles- yum (only if they are sweet like Habitant) and pickled beets- yuck and double yuck!

Yes, you have to put the hats on your head...

Here's my plate, a little coleslaw and a little tourtiere, it's all about portion control folks!
 
Ok, here too... portion control... those white stripped chocolates are crunchy bars in disguise... my sister's favourites, and I got to enjoy a few! That's all you need really.

My mom made this splendid butterscotch bunt cake. So moist and delicious!

So after dinner, the tradition is that the kids put on their pyjamas... Look at Stephanie's butt!

This picture is a perfect shot for the last photo of this Christmas Eve blog. It shows my mom's absolute love of her grand-daughter, the soft glow of the Christmas tree lights and the perfect LOVE of God through us all on the eve of Jesus' birth. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...