Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Christmas Day- A review of love, celebration and food!

Christmas... Happy Birthday Jesus! At our home we celebrate real early (like I heard Melanie get up at 5:40am) with pyjamas, love and lots of coffee (for me)!!!!
 
Our one and only pride and joy- Melanie- gets spoiled rotten every year! We just can't help it. But she's all grown up now... no more 'toys' - it was board games, clothes and beauty stuff this year... my little girl is growing up! 

Showing off her Fuzzy hat with her fuzzy cat right behind her.
 
Brent showing off his Maple Leaf fuzzy dice... Melanie bought him that and bought me a candle with her own money this year... I tell you, she is growing up!

Mother-daughter pyjama wear. My new Old Navy pyjamas- I am so excited to have taken part in the exciting black Friday online shopping sales... the clothes fit me perfectly...oh, and thanks Brent for buying them for me. Yes, we are at the stage where I buy my own gifts and he, his and pretend they are from each other... well at least you get exactly what you want!

I love this Love frame that I got from Brent. I love LOVE! I can't wait to fing the perfect photos to full this lovely frame up!

Brent got a Patriots insulated beverage cup, just like he heavily hinted at.

This year we hosted his family for a casual Christmas Brunch. I set the table, Brent cooked lots of bacon and sausage and I had blueberry french toast soaking in the fridge overnight just waiting to bake for about 1 hour, when they arrived I just had to make 18 scrambled eggs!

Here we all are celebrating, Brent's mom, sister Helen and her boyfriend, niece Kiki and us. A Halliday Holiday Brunch. 

I love this fresh and bright picture of us on Christmas morn. We are at peace and in love.

The cousins and the gramma... they need to finish those eggs though!
 
OMG, can you believe how absolutely gorgeous this photo is? Stephanie the little Santa baby! Christmas afternoon we always get invited back to my parents for Christmas dinner. So we all put on our party wear and headed back. Stephanie was definitely the best dressed.

She's was trying to get familiar with the new traditions. Like this overflowing Christmas stocking that was all for her!!!!
 
It took some time, but she eventually reached out and wanted to unwrap her own presents.

She got real comfortable... and I mean, take off your pants real! She didn't even have any turkey yet and had to take off her pants. She just loves walking around too... just not with pants I guess.

Ok, I had to share my cheesy sweater with you. I got this sweater way back in 1998. It was cool then. and I have kept, hoping one day it would fit again. Well this year it did. Actually, it was too big! Dont' you just love how it matches my parents Christmas tree? Next year, it will be too big and will be gladly donated to Goodwill where a lucky person will find the deal of their life on this awesome creation. Did I mention that I got in Arizona at Marshalls?

Look at the cute mommy and baby playing with the creche and the characters. How sweet that the little baby decided to hold the little baby Jesus. Well, we all started sharing about how when we were kids we used to play with the characters too and someone's head would always break off and my Dad would get mad because he always had to re-glue them.
 
Well, scan to the next scene... Stephanie starts to pick other characters and starts to bang them together. Like mother like child... she broke Joseph's head off. What a proud family tradition moment. Look at Julie so happy and smily holding poor Joseph's head in her hand.

Next comes Turkey time! My mother always cooks a perfect turkey!

This year, Brent's mom joined us... yes, mom, you do have to wear the goofy hats through the whole dinner.

Here's my little plate. I was still suffering from the tail end of the flu so I was staying away from the vegetables and fruits- so this is why my plate was turkey and potato heavy! Brent's mom brought everyone a nice little box of Lindor. Sweet!

Warning, this is not a healthy recipe. But a celebration Pecan Pie. My mother made this most delicious pie with love. So I tried a very small piece- even eating just 1/16th of it, I couldn't believe how sweet it was. Just proving that I am so not used to it anymore- that's great, really!

Ok, last warning... another celebration desert- these are called Pet de Soeurs- you may ask... what does that mean? Nun's farts... nice, eh! These French Canadians come up with the weirdest stuff! It's leftover pie crust that you brush with butter and brown sugar and then cut in strips and roll and bake and  voila! Christmas comes only once a year folks, so enjoy the Nun Farts!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...