Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Healthy Lifestyle Update

Happy New You! Well that's what I feel like. A new me! I am pleased to share with you that I have lost another 8 lbs over the Holidays (I did have the Flu :-) !) for a grand total of 88.6 lbs. I feel FANTASTIC about this progress. I feel like I am shredding a new me! This year I am seriously going to sculpt out an even better me, mind, body and soul! This weight loss journey is not just physical folks. Thanks to the love and support of all that surround me, it has made me realize that the way I am on the inside is also now reflected on the outside in a much better and brighter way. A way that I am so proud of and continue to mold and shape into an ever-loving being... I feel propelled to transform the world around me into a beautiful joyous place..... so just wait until I lose another 50 lbs, birds will be sitting on my shoulders chirping away!

I wanted to share a crazy, scary moment I had this week- with pictures. I was looking through some old pictures and found this one of me- I couldn't believe it at all. I live in this body and don't look like myself all the time, but I know that's not me. I looked puffy and 'fake' happy.  Now, pan over the photo of me taken this Christmas... this is exactly how I feel. Vibrant, Sparkly and Alive!


OMG, right! Shock and pleasure all at once. I had a great visit at the Wharton Clinic yesterday. I got to meet with Dr. Wharton himself who was so pleased with my progress and asked me what I was doing to achieve such great results. I told him... "I have changed the way I live, this is a lifestyle change forever, there is never a going back for me. I try to eat 'clean', log all my food and activity on myfitnesspal.com, come and visit the clinic every 6 weeks or so and most of all, MOVE MY BODY. I love to walk and Zumba and feel 'bad' when I can't get to it- like when I was sick over the Holidays".  He said that I should right a book! I told him about this blog and that this is just like a book, with a new chapter every few days!

Did I also mention that I have stopped taking Blood Pressure, Cholesterol and Diabetes medicine about 1 month ago. And when the nurse at the clinic checked my BP yesterday it was 112 over 78. Fantastic! I am on my way to being drug free!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...