Thursday, March 21, 2013

Arts and Crafts for a Special Girl's Special Birthday

I love being crafty, because I get to use lots and lots of colours to express the colours of my soul!!!!
I had to think of a special present for Stephanie, my niece, who was turning 1, something she might use for a while and that was unique and thoughtful. On a research mission at my local Michael's I came up with this idea. A wooden stool covered in beautiful paper with a monkey in the middle!

I just love how the scrapbooking papers and the monkey all match.

When I was younger I always wanted to host my own craft show on TV- but I am way too messy and don't follow the rules... I am a rebel crafter you could say.... but anyways... this little picture demo is sort of making those dreams come true!
So I used my scrapbooking tools to cut out ovals of coordinating papers and I was going to podge the paper onto the bench.

 As for the bottom, I thought I would paint it and the legs a coordinating colour. I even put little fuzzy felt protectors on the legs.

I also thought I would buy a little trinket box and cover it all up with the same paper and monkey motif.

Here's the sweet little box, with the monkey in the middle and little coordinating flowers on the side. This was a little trickier to do, I also did the inside. It came out a bit sticky... perhaps it can be just a show piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...