Thursday, March 14, 2013

Fitbit- my private little cheerleader!

Oh what a sweeeet husband I have !!!! He is my very 'public' cheerleader on this weight loss journey, always complimenting me, wondering where my ass went, hugging me and having to wrap is arms much tighter around me.... and for Christmas this year he got me this awesome tool. It's called a fitbit, it counts your steps and much more... and it gives you personalized little messages, like ... you rock Chantal... my own private little cheerleader.

It's wonderfully interactive, which is all part of the great big world we live in now. There's a dongle on our home computer, so anytime I'm at home it wirelessly downloads all my data. There's a website and mobile app and encouraging messages too. The best is that , as you know, I track all my food/activity on myfitnesspal.com and it links to it and downloads my activity ... saves me a step. Here's what it does, check it out, I took this right from the website http://www.fitbit.com/one 

During the day, it tracks your steps, distance, calories burned, and stairs climbed. Come nightfall, it measures your sleep cycle, helps you learn how to sleep better, and wakes you in the morning. The One™ motivates you to reach your goals by bringing greater fitness into your life – seamlessly, socially, 24 hours a day.

This was the best! The first time I reached over 10,000 steps. You see sitting all day at work and walking around and doing errands and 1 hour of Zumba, that gives me 5000 to 7000 steps... which is great, which earns you a badge (I'll show you below). But the best day was when I took a 55 minute walk during Melanie's drama class and did other walking around and by the end of the day I had reached over 10,000 steps. What an awesome feet! The cheerleader was going nuts... on my fitbit, in my email... check it out!

That's awesome right??? OMG, do you know that 10,000 steps a day is the recommended number of daily steps. Well, I wonder who does that? Maybe people who walk to work every day or school or the shoe store... you would need alot of good walking shoes to do this every day.


Here's the website that has all my details... cool, right, do you see my badges up there, it's like I'm a Girl Guide earning badges just like Melanie!

And then on my cool Galaxy phone... you can check out your progress and see... oh, maybe that you need to walk up more flights of stairs... maybe next time, use your 1 hour walk going up stairs, hit 2 birds with one stone eh!  Thanks for my pocket cheerleader Brent... it motivates me to reach those goals everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...