Friday, March 8, 2013

How to surprise the ones you love with Valentine's Treats

Well, I know this is a little late, but I thought it would be worthy of sharing perhaps for your next year's Valentine's celebration.  This year I wanted to surprise family and friends with some healthier alternatives to  the usual Valentine's fair. So this is what I came up with. 


A heart shaped Valentine's cake filled with strawberries!

Here's the healthy twist... it's an organic cake mix made with Sarah's own fresh from the farm eggs.

Don't you love the shape of this pan... really!!!

Ok, there was a slight inorganic matter - the Walmart cool whip- but it was low calorie.. so that matched one of my health goals. I just baked the cake, cut it in half horizontally, but some cool whip on and some thinly sliced berries, put the top back on and put more cool whip on and piled on the strawberries. What a nice treat!

For my friends... I found these cute little Chinese take out boxes from Dollarama and those hilariously tacky kiddie Valentines cards. 
 

I thought I would fill them with another healthier alternative, low fat brownies made from a little box with Miss Duncan Hines. Sometimes, you have to make shortcuts... but you know, it's always the thought that counts.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...