Saturday, March 2, 2013

Skinnied up Chicken Fingers and Fries

Well, since I showed you the skinnied up 'Banana Split' a few days ago, I thought I would show you another fun way to skinny up any kids favourite- Chicken and Fries.

Just cut some baking potatoes into small French Fry shapes and place into a bowl. For even crispier fries, cut them smaller than what you see above.

Toss them in canola oil, salt, pepper and any other spices your family will enjoy- I added paprika, that sweet and spicy Hungarian Spice.

Now lay them out flat on a cookie sheet and put them in a very hot oven- like 425 to 450 and cook them for about 30-40 minutes, flipping them once. I like them crispy, so I cook them at least 40 minutes.

Next, the chicken fingers. Cut your chicken breasts into strips and marinate in some BBQ sauce ( you could do this overnight or for 5 minutes). Then dredge them into some breadcrumbs.

Now here's the trick to make them feel 'fried'- spray the bottom of the pan with Pam (or a healthy oil sprayer) and then place your chicken fingers on top and then spray the top of the fingers with the oil spray and it helps to crisp them up. Bake at 425 for about 10-15 minutes on each side.  Here's a healthier dip for your fingers... one that I have loved since I was a kid... dip them in honey! So sweet and delish!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...