Thursday, April 4, 2013

Mexican Taco Pizza, that's what's cooking!

I received the Kraft, What's Cooking recipe book in the mail a few weeks ago and was impressed by the cover.
 Looks nice right? I usually don't make anything from these books anymore as I find them too processed. But I was presently surprised by this edition. It had some fresher, 'cleaner' recipes... so I was sold. I decided to make this Mexican Taco Pizza.

I used a whole wheat pizza crust, browned up lean ground beef and used about half a jar of salsa and added some Tex- Mex seasoning.

 Put it all on top of the pizza crust...

Used light Tex Mex shredded cheese and topped it the way we like it. Tomato on one half - none for Melanie.

 Bake it at 400 for about 10 minutes until the cheese melts and the crust gets golden.

When it comes out, top it with chopped lettuces and a drizzle of light ranch dressing. Brent added jalapenos after that too! Doesn't really look like the magazine cover, but still, it was delicious!

 Et voila! Nice healthier alternative than the usual crunchy shell stuff... tacos and pizza need not be separate anymore!

1 comment:

  1. YUMMY! Totally trying this out on the weekend! Sue Farfaloo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...