Friday, April 26, 2013

Spring Garden Cleanup

You wanna know something... if you get me and Melanie new pink gardening tools and gloves, we'll do just about anything for our garden!

You see, I am not one of those people who loves to garden, but I love order and flowers, so after the fall/winter/spring thaw, the garden was a big mess, partly because of the 50 lbs of pine cones that fell from the roof... don't ask.

So Melanie, dressed in her best pink outfit - not usual gardening gear, but I'll take all the help I can get - got down into the dirt and starting scooping, scrapping and shoveling this stuff.


Ya, see those pine cones ( the gutters were filled, in fact, the squirrels filled it so much that it collapsed last summer, and this is about half of what came out), lot's to clean up.

... and down here, well, it's the usual dead plants and decaying leaves.

Here's the most proud 'after' photo I have ever taken of my garden. Look, you can finally see the tulips coming up!

... and down here, you can see the ground, and more tulips and other brightly coloured green things ( I told you, I am not a gardener).

There's proud, or grumpy, or tired Melanie, pointing to the 6 bags of leaves and pine cones we scrapped up. That was a tiring 3 hours, and the back of my legs were sore for days... but it had to be done and besides, according to http://www.fatsecret.com/fitness/yard-work-%28gardening%29 , I burned over 914 calories... because, you know, I ain't no 160 lbs person.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...