Monday, April 8, 2013

Play Ball- For a big baseball fan's birthday celebration

Oh, wait, did you think you were coming to a young little leaguers birthday party... sorry, no, this is a celebration for man whose in his late, late 40's.

Happy Birthday Brent! My husband has always loved baseball and since he has been 'home bound' because of a foot injury for the past few months, I thought I would throw him a 'Grand Slam' of a Baseball Themed Birthday Party to cheer him up!  It worked!!!

 I went to Party City and found some fun Baseball-themed decorations and this little baseball bucket served as the pretzel bowl.

 Melanie helped decorate by making some nice signs all around our home... nice eh!

 I got some baseball plates and baseball napkins a baseball cup- oh wait ... we already had that!

Check this out... 'buy me some peanuts and cracker jack'... taken from the famous Take me out to the ball game song. So that's what I did! I found these popcorn plastic cups, peanuts and Cracker Jack and since Babe Ruth was a baseball player, I got this Baby Ruth chocolate bar.

 Melanie dressed in Brent's baseball shirt and hat.

... and so did I.
 My mom took this picture with the baseball helmet and then had to take it off so it wouldn't ruin her hair! So she wore the Jose Bautista baseball pin instead.

We surprised Brent when he came up from the basement, but guess what... he didn't have to dress up, he always wears baseball shirts!

 My Dad protested and then posed with a baseball hat too! What a good 'sport'... oh, he'd love that pun!

 Is this the cutest family ever (well, apart from mine of course).  Nice hats eh!

I decided to be crafty and presented Brent with a poster of 'Brent's Baseball Stadium Bucket List'. He has always wanted to visit all the MLB stadiums... so I thought I would print up the little team logos and write down the park name and location and a space for 'Date visited'. He loved it!  And he's already about 7 of them! This summer... 2 more in Washington, DC and Baltimore!

Since this party had to do with Baseball and Baseball food, I thought it would be fitting to make Brent another poster of the Top 10 Ballpark foods. It really was an exercise in 'let's see what the most unhealthiest foods are and put them all between a bun- or sometimes waffles or donuts'. It was fun though.. looking at pictures does not make you gain weight!

 We had Nachos, coleslaw....

Cracker Jacks... don't worry, Stephanie didn't eat these, she just shook the box! It makes a great rattle!

 Of course, I had to server Ball Park all beef Frankfurters!

Some little Angus beef sliders on little buns... Thanks Blue Menu for adding a bit of a 'wiser choice' to our Baseball Buffet!

You know what the cake was gonna be right???? A Baseball!  Cake Falvour- Lemon, Brent's favourite!


 Happy Birthday Wishes, now blow out your candle... although it represents 48! Smile :-)

And finally... thanks to Julie for bringing some health into our Baseball party with some fruit in the shape of a Baseball. She gets the creative award!
What an awesomely fun way to celebrate an awesome guy. We love you Brent and can't wait to see different American Ball parks with you! Melanie and I will come along as long as there is shopping and a fun body of water close by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...