Sunday, April 28, 2013

So Thankful - Dinner for my Parents

My parents are awesome! When Brent had to take a couple of months of work and get his foot put in cast and be 'immobile' as in... no walking, driving, working for over 2 months... my mom and dad really pitched in and helped us out. My dad drove Brent to the hospital every week and my mom helped us out with errands and shopping and generous gifts. High Five to my amazing parents, I love them so! So I wanted to show our appreciation by having a little dinner in their honour.

I bought this pretty card and wrote a thoughtful words and thanks and appreciation.

There they are! My parents are awesome, so much love to give!!!!

Make my dad's favourite.... spaghetti with a homemade sauce and ceasar salad and garlic bread ( all using healthier recipes of course).
Here's my new found spaghetti sauce recipe, it was delicious (Brent freaked out with love!)


 
Basic Spaghetti Sauce Freezer Cooking Recipe
Adapted -http://www.momsbudget.com/freezerrecipes/spaghettisauce.html

1/2 lb bulk Italian sausage (mild or hot)- you could use turkey sausage
1/2 lb ground beef
1 1/2 cups finely chopped onions
1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
3 (28 ounce) cans Italian-style tomatoes or plain crushed tomatoes in puree
2 cups water
4 teaspoons minced garlic (4 cloves)
4 bay leaves
2 tablespoons sugar
4 teaspoons dried basil
2 teaspoons dried oregano
4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
2 teaspoons salt

In pot, brown ground beef and sausage with onions until completely brown. Drain fat.

Add remaining ingredients, bringing to a boil. Reduce heat, loosely cover and simmer for two hours, making sure to stir occasionally.



Set a bright and colourful table!

Check it out... chunky and delicious and tonnes of leftovers!

My dad loves carrot cake, so I thought it would be a propos to make this tasty treat (recipe shared a few days ago) for healthy carrot cupcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...