Sunday, October 7, 2012

Disney- fun with food!

Like I mentioned before... I wasn't able to be 'very' careful with my food choices because of the restaurant dinning we had to do. But I thought I would still share some of the fun foods we got to sample... and believe me... whatever I ate, I walked/sweated off!

Look frozen Mickey Mouse Ice Cream Sandwich... this was a favourite of Melanie's.

There she is on another day enjoying the same snack. But I know what you are staring at- what the heck is Brent eating? No, it's not a piece of poo... it's a chocolate covered, nut clustered frozen banana. He was trying to eat 'healthy' by choosing a banana.... funny looking, I know!

As for my chosen frozen treat... a Mickey Mouse chocolate covered ice cream.... it was so refreshing!

Ok, onto some healthier meals... We enjoyed some Authentic Chinese food at the Nine Dragon Restaurant at Epcot. We had some beef and broccoli and shrimps with beans- and a giant ball of rice!

But I think our favourite was this General Tso Chicken and dumplings- with a giant ball of rice!

Here was a little breakfast buffet fun. The world famous Mickey Mouse waffles with a little fruit, a little egg and off  course... a little bacon!

Oh, but one of the highlights is when Brent figured out we were only a few minutes away from what used to be my favourite restaurant back in the '90's. Olive Garden, now no longer available in Canada.

I used to love the salad- the dressing was so light and yummy. And as I did before, I would pick off all the onions, peppers and the tomatoes. But Melanie and I loved it so much, we had 2 bowls- because you can... free refills- so American, eh?

...and of course the breadsticks... got to love those breadsticks... we kinda inhaled a few, and got refills, because you can.

I know, I know.... so not healthy! But I had to get the lasagna and see all the cheese, I think this might be the same amount of cheese one would eat in a week.... so needless to say, I only ate about half of it.


Next stop, Hollywood!

Ok, now we are back to some healthy meals. We went to Planet Hollywood one night and I ordered this blackened fish with this fruity salsa. It was really delicious- and finally - a healthy meal.

Brent and Melanie enjoyed fajitas- a pretty healthy choice. Except if you eat 5 of them...

We were staying at the Pop Century resort in the '60's part of the resort. Groovy, peace man... so we had to try a piece of their signature desert- the tie-dye cheesecake.

Ok, I think I left the best for last. Cheesecake from Groovy Heaven! Oh man, it was rich and creamy with a red velvet bottom... It was a 'sharer' - but I glad we tried it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...