Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween- here's my treat!

If you follow me on Facebook, you probably have seen this picture. But for those of you who haven't seen it... Here is my treat for you, and me, on Halloween. My treat is that I am wearing a belt. What a treat it is! I have not worn a belt for over 14 years I calculated. And last week, I had the pleasure of wearing a belt and a new tight fitting sweater.

Thanks to my friend Kim at work for taking this picture. When I shared the belt story with her and noted that I needed to put this up on Facebook she took my new little Galaxy 2 and took some photos. She even said to take off the top sweater because it made me look bigger. She took another photo without the sweater, showing off my smaller curves even more, but it turned out fuzzy.

Let me tell you, on this day, I felt like a 'super style hero', I was all in gray with my new black belt, belting my gray pants that are already too big and wearing the loveliest of 'argyle' sweaters. My mom had just returned from a vacation to the US and she had purchased this sweater for herself, but I was over at her home combing through her closets for clothes that no longer fit her- as she is slimming down herself- and we stumbled upon this new one and I thought it would be too big for her and it fit me perfectly. Thanks again Mom, you made me feel like a queen!  You know, deep down inside, I think we all want to be noticed for the right reasons: for being kind, loving, and looking good! So when people come up to me and say, 'You know where I really am noticing it now... in your shoulders', it makes my inner and outer self just beam with joy!  Sometimes when days are hard and nothing seems to go your way, it's nice to know people notice your efforts. That's all the warm and fuzzy things I have to say!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...