Saturday, October 13, 2012

Little Sister's Birthday Party

Not too long ago we celebrated my little sister's birthday- my lovely parents hosted the festivities and fun was had by all!
So Melanie and I showed up with our matching Old Navy Heart Sweaters.
Some weird Moustache person came.
Of course, Stephanie Sachs came.
...and the birthday girl of course, who brought her little giraffe friend Sophie.
My lovely mother... (missing in photos- Brent, Barrie and my Dad- but they were there too!)
We grilled kebabs- chicken, pork, lamb, beef and sausage... ooooh, so good!
Delish fresh veggie salad.
But Julie's absolute favourite is this desert that my mom makes for her every year. Rice Krispy crust ice cream cake. My mom makes the crust with peanut butter (yummmm- added protein) and instead of ice cream she used caramel chunks frozen yogurt. Good healthy alternatives mom!

Look at Stephanie looking on at the spectacle. Our tradition- we all hold pinkies and make a wish and then the Birthday Girl blows the candles out and all our dreams come true!
Julie's polka dot presents.... I love the wrapping paper/bags my mom uses. Always so bright and full of fun patterns- I LOVE POLKA DOTS!
After the festivities... let me tell you, father and daughter had to nap, there was just too much excitement!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...