Monday, October 1, 2012

Disney's Magic Kingdom- Rainy first day!

Melanie's actual birthday was our first day at Disney- Magic Kingdom to be exact- but it was also the beginning of hurricane Isaac. Nice welcome, eh? So here is the traditional picture that everyone takes with the castle behind them.
This one is not so traditional- with pouring down rain, dark skies and rain ponchos.... here is my little girl still managing a smile on her birthday. In fact, it was a blessing in disguise. The park was practically empty, no line ups .... even for Space Mountain.
This is a picture of us leaving our hotel... with cheap dollar store raincoats I had brought before we left... not the typical day.... see below.
...yah, this is not usually what you see at 8 in the morning in Disney... a family of colourful rain ponchos.
Well, those dollar store ponchos didn't last long, so we joined in the rain dance celebration and got our own Disney Parks Rain Ponchos- and they were helpful many, many other times.
Like this picture? This was my camera not liking all the rain and getting all steamy! There's Brent and Melanie in the traditional little tea cups... I couldn't even watch them spin, I was getting motion sickness just watching them... what a wimp I have become in my old age- but wait 'til you see what I did later.
Here's Mela flying with Dumbo.

...now here's Mela posing with her rain poncho and hat on a rainy birthday with Dumbo.
We took the little train...

... and it stopped raining, so people were now able to see the fun pins that the resort gave us. Melanie received a pin that she was celebrating her birthday and her name was on it and she got a pin that said '1st Visit', and Brent and I received a pin that's said 'I'm celebrating'. People that work at Disney are awesome, everyone was wishing Melanie a Happy Birthday and asking how old she was and where we were from. They really made us all feel special.
Brent and Melanie told me I could 'handle' this ride, it was a slow moving boat ride with the Pirates of the Caribbean.
Well, it wasn't!!! It was a 'flume' ride that wound all around and had scary pirates and at one point, it got all dark and we went down a little hill and got all wet. It was not good for a girl who gets motion sickness... Let me tell you, I didn't feel so good afterwards, just look at my scary face.

We got to one of my favourite rides... one that I remember from when I was a little girl in the early '80's.

 And so we entered into the magical, happiest cruise that ever sailed. It's a Small World After All. I can still hear the music playing, and playing, and playing. I tried to capture the beauty and magic, but not many of the photos turned out... here are a few.

 Each section represents a different country and the music is in their language ...

 ...and then at the end, all the little magical children come together in a winter wonderland and sing side by side.... and guess what, since it was not busy, we got to do it 2 times in a row. Awesome!

 Hallidays on the side of the Castle, rain has stopped, and we are almost dry, maybe not our shoes and socks though.

 We caught a show with the cutest little characters, have you ever met them? Mickey, Minnie (who's outfit matched my nails - how cool!), Donald and Goofy.

 And then the princesses and princes came out dancing, it was so amazing and magical, it tickled my heart and I believe I may have had a tear of joy in my eyes. It was real special.

 ... at the end of the show, Minnie and Mickey got on this giant cake like structure that rose up to the sky.

 Here are the girls in front of the castle. Now, without rain!

 Mela and Brent loved tomorrow land the best!

 We caught a parade down Main Street. How magical, we were on our way out and we were so excited!

Chip and Dale partying too!

 Everyone's Disney dream come true, we got to meet Mickey and get his autograph and pose with him too!

And here's Melanie with Cinderella, posing with a the best princess on her birthday! What an awesome dream come true... but wait until you see what we did for Melanie's birthday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...