Thursday, December 13, 2012

Healthy Lifestyle Progress Report

Hello to all my dearest friends, family and fans (LOL),

I thought I would share with you some awesome news about the changes that my healthy lifestyle (can't call it new now, it's been over a year) have brought about into my life.

A few days ago I went to visit my endochronologist (my diabetes doctor) and she was so happy to see me! When does a doctor ever tell you that? She asked how I was doing, and I shared with her that I had now lost over 80 lbs (which she verified on her scale to now be over 85 lbs), and took my blood pressure, checked my bloodwork and was amazed and so my next question to her was, "Ok, what medicine can you take me off of now?". Well she decided to take me off the cholesterol medicine, one of the blood pressure medicines and cut in half the diabetes medicine. She was so pleased to see me and share good news, because her appointments usually are filled with increasing medicine for her patients. Well, I am glad I could make her day!

So here is my Progress Report:
  • Since the beginning of this journey I have lost 85 lbs,
  • Stopped taking 4 1/2 medicines to control my weight-related chronic illnesses (only one blood pressure medicine and 1 1/2 diabetes medicine left to conquer),
  • Gone down 4 sizes and can now shop at 'regular' stores for nice tops- like Old Navy- see picture below....
  • ...but one of the most amazing transformations in the picture below is that as I found out at my latest tea party with the St.Germains, I can now cross my legs..... CROSS MY LEGS, like a lady!!!!
 I am beaming with joy and excitement for the next steps on this lifelong journey, in fact, last night I asked my husband what he thinks about being married to a Victoria Secret model, like the ones on the TV commercial, because one day I will look like that... not as tall though I told him, and maybe no wings either... he thought that would be fine! On a great note too, my husband has started going to the same clinic for weight loss and he lost 12 lbs so far! Yeah!!!! So one day he is going to look like Tom Brady (his football hero) and I will look like his wife Gisele Bunchen, who I believe, was a Victoria Secret model! Life is freakin' AWESOME!

2 comments:

  1. You are a superstar! And way to go Brent! What great news.
    You are focused, you are dedicated - you are powerful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gisele & tom - my most heartfelt congratulations! the work you're doing isn't just changing YOU, it's changing the world through your example! thank you a million times for this. i love you all! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...