Sunday, December 30, 2012

Mella doing Zumba- an hommage to Britto

You know I love the artist Britto. The bold, bright colours all outlined in black, like old time Fauvism (my grade 10 art teacher would be proud to know I still remember). Well, after the renovations in my home, my goal was to create some bold and bright art work for the walls to spice it up! I came upon this image of a Britto painting on Pinterest and fell in love.
I call it Mella doing Zumba.
This is the beginning stage of the transformation of an old canvas my brother left behind. See the little model I was working from? It took some time to reproduce...
...but I think it was worth it! It hangs in my dinning room wall above the new Ikea credenza and it just punches the room up with colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...