Thursday, December 20, 2012

Soupy Sunday- Big 'ol Chicken Noodle Soup

Oh boy, do I need a giant bowl of this!!!! Sorry I have been late with my posts but I have been hit with a big cold/flu/sinus infection and tummy troubles... and I got my daughter sick too! We are both recovering, on antibiotics, but I have not been able to eat except for soup, crackers, toast and clementines. No coffee, no dairy, no veggies... except for the little bits in my soup. So this pretty bowl of homemade soup was made a few weeks ago, but I wish I still had some because it would have been so appropriate this past week.
I have been eating healthy and well-balanced meals for the past year and when you get hit with a bug like this it kinda floors you. I miss the spices, flavours and even moving, walking and going to Zumba.

This is how I made this soup:
In a big stock pot, place olive oil and one chopped onion and glove of garlic, add 2 chopped carrots and 3 stalks of celery. Add your broth (1 box) and about 3 cups of cooked chicken breast, add salt, pepper, basil to taste, let simmer for about 30 minutes and you are done!
One thing though... it has made me grateful for my health and appreciate the love and support I have around me. Have a warm bowl and enjoy your health!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...