Sunday, December 2, 2012

Renovations- Part 2- The Ocean Oasis

This is THE BEST before and after shot... except I forgot to take some before shots of my upstairs bathroom, for those of you who remember.... original 1974 olive green fixtures, wood paneling everywhere and beige linoleum stick on tiles. It was dark, mildewy, damp and depressing... So now you will see the beginning of my new Ocean Oasis bathroom.
This was a 'gut' job- new walls, ceilings, windows and fixtures of course.
...oh, and new floors too!
Here's the photo for laying down the ground work for the Ocean Oasis.
These tiles are so groovy, they are brown/gray with a slight stripe.... I needed this bathroom to be part of this century!
Check it out, the paint on the walls, the tiles, the accent tiles, the window, oh my, we are almost there!
Et voila, we are done! My Ocean Oasis, beautiful new Ikea sink cabinet and medicine cabinet with soooo much storage- and slam-proof drawers. The paint colour is soooo soothing, it's so bright with the pot lights and the floor tiles are the same as the bathtub tiles and did you check out my fixtures.... WHITE!!! 
P.S. Did you see those matching chevron art paintings- that's my crafting side coming out- I'll show you how I created them in another post.
Here's another shot showing my big beautiful white sink and modern fixture... and my modern cat Ace dancing in the background.
Ok, it still needs to be washed, but there are tiles and a pot light in my bathtub ceiling. Incredible!
Did you see my mathcing water drop towels from Ikea- so inexpensive and you know- I LOVE MATCHING!
Best for last shot!  Yes, this is a closeup of my sexy glass tile border in my shower. It's incredible! I love my contractors, they did such a marvelous job- they even built the Ikea furniture!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...